Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) Recruitment 2017 | How to Apply – www.careers.nigerianports.org
This information is intended to notify the general public that Nigerian Port Authority NPA Recruitment 2017/2018 is around the corner and as soon as the recruitment exercise is completed the names of the shortlisted candidates will be released.
For those of you that have been waiting for the commencement of The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) 2017 recruitment , please note that the selection process has not commence yet but we are going to be giving you all the important update on this recruitment exercise. Interested applicants are to read this article carefully before applying for this job .
The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) is owned and controlled by the Federal Government of Nigeria and it is under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Transport. NPA is a Federal Government agency that governs and operates the ports of Nigeria. NPA is in control of some major ports in Nigeria and the include;
- The Lagos Port Complex and Tin Can Island Port in Lagos;
- Calabar Port,
- Delta Port,
- Rivers Port at Port Harcourt
- Onne Port.
After going through this article thoroughly, you should be well informed on Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) Recruitment 2017 as well as getting acquainted with the requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates that will give you a better edge. The Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) is into the operation of Hydrographic / Dredging department of the Nigeria Ports Authority. This section covers all four pilotage districts including but not limited to Channel Maintenance, quarterly Survey of Channels, Maintenance Buoys navigation, provide care allowance, and wreck removal.
Contrary to what is really happening right now, rumors has been spreading round by gullibly people that the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) Recruitment 2017/2018 is ongoing . We are here to confirm that this information is false and it should be disregarded. This recruitment is yet to commence and when it finally start we will be the first portal to publish the good news.
History has it that Port activities and development started in Nigeria in the middle of the 19th century. There was need to build a port in Lagos Nigeria which was as effort to provide facilities for ocean going vessels . The building of ports in Nigeria started at Lagos Lagoon in early 1990. The Apapa Port in the South West was opened in 1913 and the first four deep water berths of 548.64m in the port began in 1921.
Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) Recruitment Qualification
- Applicants must have a minimum of five (5) credits in Sciences, in not more than two sittings including English and Mathematics in the West African Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent.
- Only applicants who obtained their Certificates in the last eight years need to apply.
- Applicants that has knowledge of ICT will be an added advantage.
- Applicants age range is between 18 to 27 years.
Requirements and Procedures
Prospective candidates who wish to seek employment in the Organisation must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must present original credentials at the interview.
- Must be a Nigerian or have the necessary work permits, if not a Nigerian citizen.
- Must attend aptitude test.
- Submit their resumes online via the Recruitment portal.
How To Apply
Mode of application is online, Interested and qualified candidates should: Apply. Application procedure coming soon