United Bank for Africa Plc 2018 Recruitment for Legal Officers
Hello, are you a Nigerian graduate or under-graduate and you are longing to secure a job at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), then take advantage of this golden opportunity as the top Nigerian bank is currently recruiting to select the best employer that will take up Legal Officers position.
If you know you have all it takes to work in this bank then apply while the recruitment is still open. Find every information and details you need on this job below. Ensure that you follow the right procedures to avoid being disqualified from this selection exercise.
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
In 2005, UBA was born through one of the biggest mergers on the African continent capital markets with the business combination with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc. From the merger UBA has emerged as a Pan-African provides a full range of solutions and services that span the full value chain from retail to corporate. UBA is also the acclaimed leader in electronic payments in the sub-region.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Legal Officer
Reference No: #RMD004
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- Strategies deployed help build robust capital management, effective risk monitoring and proactive risk mitigation.
- Group Risk Management Directorate strives to achieve sound corporate governance, robust compliance and effective risk management processes for credit, market and liquidity.
- Advisory, Analytics, Communications, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Research
- Render legal opinions to other sectors of the Bank.
- Review out-of-court settlement proposals and concessions on debt recovery accounts.
- Oversee the perfection of legal documents, maintain Bank’s securities database and oversee management of the Bank’s collateral documents.
- Participate in meetings of various other committees, Bank activities and inter-sectoral meetings as required.
- Generate various reports, policy documents, etc as required by Executive Management or the Board.
- Oversee the preparation of legal agreements, opinions and other documents and review same.
- Monitor proposed legislation, review new legislation and advise on the impact for the Bank.
- Oversee the Bank’s relationship with external solicitors including selection of solicitors, negotiation of retainer agreements and approval of solicitors’ bills for professional services.
- Disseminate information within the Bank on frequently arising legal issues .
- Tract workflow of departments and units to ensure timely delivery of service
- Oversee the litigation portfolio of the Bank including debt recovery litigation.
- Minimum of 3 years post-NYSC experience
- Minimum of Second Class Lower degree in Law (LLB)
- Minimum of Second Class Lower from Law School (BL)
Interested applicants should click here to apply